A Message from Ling Ling Chang
I’m hosting a COVID-19 Virtual Town-Hall with business experts this Wednesday, May 13 from 7PM-8PM and invite you to participate in our discussion about small business loans, reducing frivolous lawsuits, and workforce development.
Guest speakers will include:
- Godfrey Hinds, U.S. Small Business Association
- Jamie Huff, Civic Justice Association of California
- An expert to talk about reopening your business from the County of Orange
As always, please do not hesitate to contact my office at 714-671-9474 if we may be of assistance.
Ling Ling Chang
Calling ALL Students: Book Cover Design Contest
Deadline is Thursday, May 14
If you're a K-12 student from Senate District 29, I invite you to participate in my Book Design Contest by creating a new cover based on your comprehension of the book. Please email your design to Collin.Powers@sen.ca.gov by May 14. Contest Rules:
- 1 entry per student
- Students must be K-12
- Prizes include assorted gift cards, STEM Kits, Boba Kits, and School Supplies
- Must be hand made with no stencils, printed images, etc.
- Include the student’s name, school, grade and parent contact information in the submission email
- Students must include the title of the book and the author's name in their redesign
- All submissions must be hand-drawn, original designs
- Please use only pencils, pens, markers, colored pencils, crayons, or craft paints
- Submission deadline is Thursday, May 14th
- The winners will be chosen from the Grade Groupings of K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12 by a panel of judges
- Inappropriate content will result in an immediate disqualification