Additional Unemployment Insurance (UI) Benefits Now Available For Long Term Unemployed
Up to 20 weeks of UI are now available to longer term unemployed workers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more here. If you have already applied for UI benefits and require additional assistance, please email Senator.Chang@senate.ca.gov
Eviction Moratorium Extended
The governor signed an executive order allowing local governments to delay evictions through the end of September for renters impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Check with your city to see when your eviction moratorium ends.
Grant Program For Small Businesses
Small businesses in good standing with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) can apply grants with BBB Main St. Matters. Read FAQ here and apply here. For individuals interested in partnering with BBB to offer grants, click here.
Now Available: Orange County COVID-19 Case Count By City
Click here and scroll down to “COVID-19 Cases by City” to view the number of cases in your community.
Scammers Are Taking Advantage of COVID-19
- Ignore offers for vaccinations and home test kits. Scammers are selling products to treat or prevent COVID-19 without proof that they work.
- Be wary of ads for test kits. Most test kits being advertised have not been approved by the FDA, and aren’t necessarily accurate.
- Watch for emails claiming to be from the CDC or WHO. Use their website to receive the latest information, and don’t click on links from sources you don’t know.
- Do your homework when it comes to donations. Never donate in cash, by gift card, or by wiring money.
Upcoming Webinars & Volunteer Opportunities
Mon, Wed, Fri
July 13, 2020
Personal Safety 101 provided by Crime Survivors Resource Center
July 14, 2020
California Employers Mandated CalSavers Retirement Program – Know Your Alternatives
California is rolling out CalSavers, its new mandated state government-controlled retirement savings program for workers. Companies are required to register for CalSavers if all of the following apply:
- They have 5 or more workers in California.
- They have at least one eligible employee (age 18+).
- They do not already offer a qualifying employer-sponsored retirement plan.
- The requirements are the same for non-profit and for-profit employers.
As always, please do not hesitate to email me or call 714-671-9474 if you need assistance or would like to share your priorities.
Ling Ling Chang