How Can I Help?

One of my goals as your Senator is to make our state government work for you. Here are some of the services my office provides:

Casework: Help with State Agencies

Please complete the Casework Privacy Release Form here, and email the completed form to  
** Do not include Social Security number unless requested by staff **

Finding help can be confusing and frustrating.  If you have a problem with a state agency, my staff can help find answers.

We can help with agencies such as:

Department of Motor Vehicles – driver’s license, vehicle registration
Employment Development Department – unemployment benefits
CA Department of Justice – background checks and clearances for employment
Franchise Tax Board
Medical Board of California
CA Contractors State License Board
And much more!

We also assist local governments and community organizations with regulatory issues and grant programs involving state agencies. We can seek answers to your questions, make the appropriate officials aware of your concerns and work to cut through "red tape" you might be experiencing.

However, please know that neither I, nor my staff, can approve a claim or appeal or compel any agency to act in your favor. We cannot offer legal advice or intervene in legal matters, such as child custody disputes or traffic cases. In addition, my office is also unable to assist you with federal issues such as Social Security.

If you are not sure where to go for help, feel free to ask us. We are here to serve you and can refer you to the appropriate government agency. Just call one of my offices and we will help you figure it out.

Additional Services:

Provide certificates and congratulatory messages – One of the favorite parts of my job as your Senator is to recognize the great work and milestones of our neighbors. My office can provide certificates and letters to recognize special events in the 29th Senate District.

Provide Information Brochures - I am happy to provide informational brochures to my constituents. Information on these topics is available in my offices:

  • Fire Safety
  • Disaster Preparedness
  • Identity Theft
  • Keeping Kids Safe Online
  • Veterans Resources
  • Homeowners Resources
  • Senior Citizen Resources
  • Children’s Legislative Activity Books

Give legislative information – Want to learn more about proposed legislation?  My staff can check the status of a legislative bill and give you a copy of it.

Obtain information on Capitol tours – I am privileged to work in the State Capitol in Sacramento. It is both a historical site and the working seat of California’s government, and I invite you to visit. My staff can provide information about tours or you can click here to learn more.